Juvenile Sexual Offending
Juvenile Sexual Offending - 12 CEUs
All CE courses require return of any materials that may be provided, i.e., books, test booklets, etc. Courses will not be considered completed until returned.
This course covers and discusses:
- normal adolescent sexual development
- social, biological and psychological factors in the development of sexual deviance
- adolescent aggression within heterosexual relationships
- female sexual offending
- conduct problems
- sexual offending
- assessment and treatment of the adolescents criminogenic needs
- risk of re-offending
- legal consequences of juvenile sexual offending
- disposition and treatment of juvenile sex offenders
- and relapse prevention.
Upon completion of this course, the student will:
- Understand the biological factors related to sexual deviance
- Understand the social & psychological factors in the development of sexual deviancy
- Understand the dynamics of adolescent female sexual offending
- Understand the role of conduct disorders and sexual offending
- Understand the assessment and treatment of adolescent criminogenic needs
- Understand the legal consequences of juvenile sexual offending
Course Text: "The Juvenile Sex Offender" by Howard E. Barbaree and William L. Marshall. You can purchase this book or the kindle edition of this book from any number of sources, i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc. We advise that you also check your local library for availability.