Problem Gambling - 4 CEUs
All CEU courses require return of any text book(s) provided. Processing of courses will not be completed until returned.
Dr. Hale Humphrey discusses when and how gambling can become a problem. Subjects covered include women who gamble, children at risk, senior gamblers, biological factors related to gambling, trait and personality factors, learned behaviors, peronal factors, relationship implications, legal and financial issues, treatment issues, treatment strategies, medication and support groups.
Upon completion of this course, the student will:
- Be able to identify the symptoms of pathological gambling
- Understand the differences between male, female, children and senior citizen gambling and its effects upon the individual
- Understand the biological factors related to gambling
- Understand the treatment approaches to problem gambling
- The legal and financial issues related to problem gambling
Course Text: "This Must Be Hell: A Look at Pathological Gambling" by Hale Humphrey. You can purchase this book or the kindle edition of this book from any number of sources, i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc. We advise that you also check your local library for availability.