Where to Start and What to Ask
Where to Start and What to Ask - 4 CEUs
All CEU courses require return of any text book(s) provided. Processing of courses will not be completed until returned.
This is a four (4) CEU online course for both beginning and experienced therapists. In most mental health settings a counselor is thrown into clinical situations with little if any guidance from a supervisor. It is rare if they are even told where to start with doing an assessment or how to organize an approach to the initial phase of treatment.
This course will enable beginning and experienced therapists to navigate through the toughest clinical situations with both competence and assurance. This course covers the following and more:
- How to conduct the first interview with an adult
- Mental Status Examination
- The clients medical history
- How to conduct the first interview with a couple and family
- How to conduct the first interview with a child
- How to take a developmental History
- How to assess children for physical or sexual abuse
- When to ask for psychological testing
- How to write an assessment
Course Text: Where to Start and What to Ask: An Assessment Handbook by Susan Lukas. You can purchase this book or the kindle edition of this book from any number of sources, i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc. We advise that you also check your local library for availability.