Professional Certificate Training Course
This course explores and discusses all the aspects of forensic psychology that are relevant to the legal and criminal process as a whole.
All accepted registrants for this course will be issued a username, password, necessary texts/materials, and the link for this online course. Students of this course will be assigned an online instructor who will communicate with and assist the student and review the student's completed assignments throughout the course.
All coursework must be submitted via e-mail.
- Lie detection
- Offender profiling
- Predicting the risk of re-offending
- The criminal mind
- Sex offenders
- Consulting with the courts
- Insanity in the law
- Police psychology
- Correctional psychology
- Treating criminal offenders
- ...and many other topics
The student taking this course will be given the information and studies in order to obtain a solid understanding of forensic psychology, and will be required to demonstrate such upon successful completion of all seven modules and all assignments.
- Applying and examination for the Certified Forensic Counselor (CFC) certification at a reduced rate which covers the examination and first year certification fees;
- Apply for the Clinical Member (CM) non-certified membership with the NAFC. Clinical Member status is not certification and does require passing an examination.
- Contemporary Assessment and Treatment of Adult Criminal Justice Clients
- The Forensic Psychology of Criminal Minds
- Forensic Psychology Research and Application
All required texts will be shipped to the student and must be returned to the FTI upon completion of the course. Students may keep any or all required text by purchasing them from the FTI at cost.